Friday, September 15, 2006

China and ....earthquakes?

Yes that's right, earthquakes. Apparently a small one (a 4 point something) struck here tonight. I'm not sure if I felt it or not but I was on the subway at about the time is was supposed to happen and the train did rock (which doesn't normally happen as the subways here are flawless). I was going under the harbour as well at the time so it could have been a near death experience...hmmm...but don't worry, I'm still alive and well!! Today was also exciting for another reason. I was finally granted my Chinese visa. Yes, Matt's heading for Mainland China!! When and where I'm going I still haven't figured out but I'm going!!

What's more some the Americans that are staying in my hall are talking about going on trips around Asia, especially as some long weekends are coming up. From Hong Kong it is really cheap to get anywhere in Asia. The other day I saw tickets to Singapore for HK$200 (under A$40!). I'm still haven't decided whether I should go or not. I am studying 6 subjects...Singapore, Malaysia, Phillipines or econometrics? Tough choice.

Stay safe.
Matt

1 Comments:

Blogger jolin said...

Yeh...economietrics is what I want to say too...

BTW,Aidila and I have a great Yum-Cha last Sunday in the valley! :)
How about your food tour there? was it quite different?

7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home