Friday, April 27, 2007

Ode to jam

The afternoon started off well. I found one of those 'local' bakeries where prices are cheaper then the more westernised chain stores you see around. Unfortunantely all signs are in (handwritten) Chinese which i can never read. Anyway, I saw it...round, thick and covered with sugar...jam doughnut...mmmmmmmmmm I haven't had one of those since I left home. Still taking the usual precautions I asked the (very fine) young girl working there if it was 'jam' (I don't know where the hell I picked up the Cantonese word for that when I still can't ask what people's names are). Anyway she said it was so I bought three.

Back in the dorm I bit into one only to find...red bean. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

At least my roommate was happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

better than the time where I thought I had bought a bbq pork bun (the crispy skin version) and it turned out to be filled with thousand year old egg.

Jason

5:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home